Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A New Earth




It's no secret that I religiously adore, admire, and look up to Oprah Winfrey.  She is the most influential female figure of our time and I'll go as far as saying she is the modern Mother Theresa.  I, along with the rest of the world (maybe the rest of the women in the world, to be more precise) was devastated with the announce of the last season. Tears were rolling throughout the final shows and I'm still in disbelief that I will never make it to Harper Studios and be part of the audience.... witnessing her obnoxious excitement, shouts of winning a car or going to Australia... 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUuR3wcM6UY


Approximately 3 years ago, O introduced Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth" to her book club.  Not only that, she provided an international online class with the author, tracing each chapter in depth and a promise to change people's perspective on life. I was hyped up, bought the book....yet never logged on, read few pages,  and was bored out my mind... so I l allowed it to collect dust for the next 3 years...


3 years later, as I'm preparing myself for a 13 hour flight and a passive vacation, I bring along couple books that I never got around to... "A New Earth" being one of them. In  time where I'm battling with myself and my mind was full of  unanswered questions, I knew it was best for me to dive into a book rather than over think and over analyze for the next 13 hours. Since Prince Charming himself wasn't sitting next to me, I opened the book and gave it one more try.


"Awakening to your Life's Purpose"
This isn't the type of a book that you get lost into, it isn't fiction and I wouldn't categorize it as "self help"  neither.  It is literally an awakening, an enlightenment, and a light bulb flashing brightly in your head....yet only if you are emotionally ready for it.  


 "This book's main purpose is not to add new information or beliefs to your mind or to try to convince you of anything, but to bring about a shift in consciousness, that is to say, to awaken"  


Consciousness is letting go of your ego, being completely at a present state, and most importantly understanding and forgiving others.  It's the toughest state of mind to be in and yet the most rewarding and the most authentic.  


I found myself reading certain paragraphs over and over again with a smirk on my face and  slight giggles. Tolle forced me to face my ego and wake up from a false dream.   I couldn't have started reading this at a better time. 


However,  I am a walking paradox and can't always practice what I preach.  The more I glance back, the more I freeze and put things into a right perspective.   I will be referring to it quite often, for it's principals have really left an impression. 


 Needless to say, I highly recommend it....O never disappoints :)